Friday, August 29, 2008

What should we eat?

What should we eat?  That is a question that I ask a lot.  Not because I am always hungry or I am just bored and eat to pass the time, but because it is what I do.  Presently I run the kitchen at a camp, and menu planning, ordering, scheduling, and generally keeping people happy are what I do.  In the summer time I do not have to cook very often because I have a full staff that cooks while I do other office duties.  But when it comes time for me to cook I want to make it good.  I don't want to eat the same old thing that we have to eat week after week, and I don't like getting caught making the same old thing that doesn't take any thought to put together.  I love to cook, and that is what some of this blog will be about.  I am going to try to make it about other things as well but who knows.  I just hope to keep it updated.  But I hope to write some about food, show you pictures of some things that I have made, and maybe put on some recipes as well.  I hope this blog is worth reading and that you enjoy.

derek

No comments: