Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What Should We Drink?

Hey everyone.  So it has really been awhile since my last post.  I apologize.  I know I shouldn't make excuses but here are some.  1)  Time (not much of it).  2)  Lack of food inspiration.  3)  Our government is doing everything they can to control our lives, in ways that no other administration has before it.  Wait that last reason isn't an excuse as to why I haven't blogged, it is just a problem.  But really, reason number two is a real problem.

As things have been getting busier, it has been hard to find new and creative things to make.  Which has translated into fewer things to write about.  But I have been searching through my brain, and I have found some things to share with you.  No recipe in this blog, but the next one will have one, and you will love it.

Anyways, a few weeks ago I did a dessert tasting at a local assisted living home.  I made the cheesecake that I have told you about in the past, it was a big hit.  But while I was there I met a couple from my town of Marion that are roasting their own coffee.  They have become a follower of this blog, and I strongly encourage you to check them out.  I am really excited because they are local.  Of course, to some of you, you have great local coffee roasters in your area as well.  But this is Marion, and it really excites me.  Also, I have to admit that I am not a black coffee drinker.  I really wish that I was but I have not found the roast that does it for me.  I am confident that this couple will be able to help me with that.  Someday soon Lynsey and I will schedule a coffee tasting with them.  How cool is that.  I have been to wine tastings, food tastings, and soon a coffee tasting.  None of that Starbucks, (we are such a great company, but not really, because we pay very little for our beans, and charge you way to much for a cup of joe, because we want you to fund our social agendas without really caring for our employees) crap.  Just good organic, locally roasted coffee.  I look forward to it.
 
So with that I want to say, support your local people.  If you are in a position that requires you to buy goods and services from other people, why not buy those goods or services from your neighbor.  And really, who doesn't buy stuff.  

No comments: